Access an Exchange Mailbox Using a Web Browser
The following article explains how to access your mailbox using a Web browser. Each mailbox you create is automatically configured for Outlook Web Access (OWA). Most of the functionality available through Outlook is available through OWA.
Note: To access all of the features of Outlook Web Access, we recommend using Internet Explorer.
To access your mailbox through OWA, please follow these steps:
- Open a Web browser.
- Go to the following URL: https:/webmail.myexchangeemail.com/owa/
- Choose the security level (click show explanation for more detail):
- This is a public or shared computer: select this option if multiple people access your local machine
- This is a private computer: select this option if you are the only person acessing your local machine
- Login with your full email address and password.
Once you login, you will see an interface similar to Outlook.
Get the most from Outlook Web Access
Outlook Web Access (OWA) is available using most Web browsers. The version and features of OWA is dependent on the browser. OWA has a premium version that is only available when using Internet Explorer 6+. Other browsers use the basic version of OWA.
Although it is not necessary to use Internet Explorer for OWA, we recommend using it to take advantage of the premium features.
The following are some features that are only available in OWA premium:
- Preview Pane: view a preview of your email message
- Mark as Read/Unread: enables users to mark unread messages as read or vice versa
- Notifications: new email and meeting reminder notifications
- Spell Checker: built in spell checking when composing email
- Keyboard Shortcuts: create shortcuts for common tasks such as creating a new message and replying
- Address Book Messages: create new messages from the address book after finding the recipient